Doodle Bra Revisited

Backin 2012 I wrote an article about the Doodle bra. Here is a part of that article,

"Ok I'm confused by this new hot trend in bras. i admit I'm a man and women in general are confusing. Now you throw in undergarments and I'm really confused. What's the big deal about the Doodle Bra?

For those that don't know, the versatile Doodle Bra, which retails for U$14.95 comes with a white cotton bra, 6 Non-Toxic Washable Markers, Custom Designer Stencils, and a Doodle Bra Idea Booklet. According to the advertising you can design the bra over and over. So I guess, even though it's the same bra, it's different every time.

Now, I'm all for art and self expression. However if no one sees the art, what's the point. The joy in creating something is the reaction of those that see it. Who is going to see the beautiful artistic bra art you created?

The real disturbing part is the Doodle Bra is marketed mostly to the younger generation. Do we really want our teens lifting their shirts revealing new artwork? Will young ladies soon forgo the shirt because it covers their masterpiece?"

You can read the entire article here

Anyways, I've been thinking about the Doodle bra. Did it ever hit the big time? Is the inventor a multi-millionaire? So I looked around. Here is what I found.

In 2010 the parents of the inventor were charged with fraud. They were charged with misusing money people invested in the company. The mother was sentenced to two years probation. The father plead guilty to two counts of first-degree felony aggravated theft, two counts of unlicensed securities transaction, four counts of sale of an unregulated security and two counts of securities fraud.

I guess the company survived. You can buy Doodle bras on Amazon still. I couldn't find any sales figures.

Just shows how fashion is. What is hot today, fades away overnight. Fashion also likes to repeat itself. Maybe the Doodle Bra will gain the spotlight again.

Comments

Popular Posts